blog post#4

Through reading, I summarized some of the things I learned, and I feel very useful to myself. In this chapter, Culler aims to define poetry and rhetoric by quoting the difference and connection between poetry and rhetoric. He first praised Aristotle for being the first to separate the two, rhetoric is the art of persuasion, and poetry is the art of imitating. The two forms were integrated and separated several times in history, and it was not until the late twentieth century that rhetoric began to be used as a “study of the structural force of discourse.” On the other hand, poetry is considered “a language that makes full use of powerful and persuasive speech and language. Poetry is a medium through which the poet aims to express this meaning. As Culler defines, poetry can pass many Viewed in a different way, poetry can be viewed through the relationship between the author and the speaker. As mentioned earlier, rhetoric and poetry are closely linked. In poetry, rhetoric is used to exaggerate and sometimes exaggerate human experience. Culler means to Different levels of rhetorical forms treat poetry. Poetry is just a “poetic exploration” through the use of these rhetorical devices, and in their basic sense, they are an attempt to create meaning from our experience. The definition can also be through speech The relationship between the reader and the reader