Blog Post 5

In chapter 6 of “narrative” by Johnathan Culler, Culler shows how the plot is the main element in this chapter/story. I thought about a book I read This is where it ends by Marieke Nijkamp while I read chapter 6. The book had many tragic events and discourse. During a school shooting the students were so scared and their expressions could say so much. The plot had many events from shooting teachers to students to the shooters own siblings and then himself. Not much was said during the book it was mostly silence and fear. The plot and discourse caught my full attention because it was a triller which is a good thing and something the author looks for in a reader. I don’t read many books because I always get distracted but this book was so suspenseful and full of fear and I had a visual of everything in my mind which felt like a movie. 

Plot gives a book, short story, movie, Television show so much importance. It catches attention from the audience. Plot is a very powerful element of a piece of work it’s what connects everything and brings knowledge to a text.