Blog Post #4

In chapter 5, The author explains the technique of rhetoric or poetry.This chapter is also quite interesting.Rhetoric, as a language or literary technique, is very appealing.Rhetoric can quickly build emotions and move others.Of course, as a language skill, especially as a skill, it will make the original words less stable, it also need to consider the meaning behind the words.This could makes the use of rhetoric in the wrong way will be deceptive. However,because rhetoric breaks through the inherent limitations of words, the use of this technique is apt in poetry.Metaphors, for example, come up a lot in poetry.Because of the special structure of poetry in literature, poetry is more about expressing an emotion or situation than it is about describing a story.Metaphor can better establish this kind of emotion for readers in poetry.

2 thoughts on “Blog Post #4

1. Anna Zou

I agree with you, but I think metaphor is not limited to poetry, it can also be used in writing. I think as long as the good writing methods are common and flexible.

2. Hector Ramos

Skillful indeed! I noticed that metaphors serve as conversion tools for us. We know not to take them literally, we are then forced to think of them figuratively, and in analyzing the correlations, we come to a new way of understanding.