#2 Literature as intertextual or self-reflexive construct

After reading the section of “The nature of literature,” I find myself most interested in angle of “literature as intertextual or self-reflexive construct”. In this part, the meaning of literature is not only presented from word to word or sentence from sentence, but also connected with other contents even other literatures to show different or further information. It is like that the prior statement has provided some background information, performing a stage for the later show. For readers, the loss of content might lead to various view, because they cannot relate the information to each other. Only if reader read everything the author performs in the work, they can get the true ideas of the author and respond to the ideas correctly. To complete the process of communication though reading, relevant and logical structure in literature is necessary. In my opinion, the structure of intertextual and self-reflexive both promote readers to think critically, actively, and logically. It is very useful way to advance the how we consider and act.

1 thought on “#2 Literature as intertextual or self-reflexive construct