Bonjour

My name is Geraldine Lamboley, but my friends call me Gerry.

As you might have guessed it I am French. In everyday life, I live with my dog, Luna, and cat, Selina, which are everything for me, I love to cook, play video games, and exercise ( Pilates and kick Boxing). I arrived in the USA 6 years ago, after a short carrier in hospitality, wanting to pursue my dream to become a circus performer. Unfortunately, after a bad injury I had to change my path again which led me to go back to university at 30 years old for physical therapist assistant. I never wrote or enjoyed to read in English until I took English 101 and I was terrified on my first day that my English level would not be hight enough. But I surprised my self loving to write the blog my Professor gave us and analyze the text we were given. ( If you wonder to see what I wrote: https://gerryllgcc.wordpress.com/)

I am really enthusiastic about this coming semester, even if we are in more than uncertain times,( this is definitely not how I expected my experience in American universities to be.) I want to discover more about how to develop my writing and dive into American literature.

1 thought on “Bonjour

1. Paul Fess

Hi Gerry, welcome to the class. I’m glad to see you’re having so much success at LaGuardia, and it’s great that you have discovered your talent for writing.