Hello!

Hi everyone!

My name is Paul Fess, and this is my third year teaching at LaGuardia. Before coming to the College I taught at the University of Alabama and the University of Rochester. But, before that I taught at several CUNY schools as part of my graduate program at the CUNY Graduate Center. 

I specialize in nineteenth-century American literature and culture, and I love playing blues and jazz guitar. These days, though, I mostly hang out with these people, my son Andrzej (pronounced “An-jay”), and my wife Krystyna. These are pictures from our trip Poland to see Krystyna’s mom from last summer when we could still travel.

9 thoughts on “Hello!

1. Mosamad Kamrun Nahar

Hi professor, This is Mosamad kamrun nahar and this is my 4th semester in LaGuardia Commuity College. My major is Accounting. Nice to see you and your family picture here. I also like to travel , when I got time I and my family make plan for travel. It’s like different kind of experience.

2. Estefania Jaquez

Hi professor, I am Estefania Jaquez I am from Dominican Republic. I have been at LaGuardia Community College for 3 years, and this is my last semester. My major is Psychology.
    These are beautiful pictures of your family, I love to travel, and I usually travel every year to Dominican Republic to see my mother and my family there. But with this situation that we are passing through with the COVID-19 I am scared to travel this year.
    Nice to meet you!

3. Geraldine A. Lamboley

Hello Profesor,

My name is Geraldine Armel Lamboley, I am originally from France and this is my second semester at Laguardia. My major is Physical therapist assistant ( pre-candidacy). I am really enthusiastic about this semester as I had an amazing class with Prof. Schwartz in English 101 who spoke only good words about you.

4. Samikshya Acharya

Hello Professor,
    I am Samikshya Acharya. My major is Registered Nurse and this is my 3rd semester in Laguardia College. I heard the best words about you and I am really excited to meet up in our virtual class. Stay safe.

5. Avinash Mudwari

My name is Avinash Mudwari. In 2017, I came to the USA from Nepal. I have been at LAGCC since the spring of 2019. My major is Liberal arts in Math and Science. I believe this ENG course helps me to improve my writing ability and develop my communication skills.
    Let me talk about my interests. I like listening to pop music. I love photography and always go out and take pictures of trees, birds, and buildings. My favorite place to visit is Australia because there are many unique animals, for example, koalas, kangaroos. I am a friendly person and always ready to make new friends. I hope I will try my best to get good grades for this course.

6. Woury niang william

Good afternoon professor,
    My name is Woury N William and I am a transfer student from SUNY Cobleskill. My major is Social Science and Humanities and I was drawn into this major because I find interest in sociology and learning more about myself and the people i’m surrounded by. My favorite hobbies are watching my favorite tv shows, spending time with close friends and recording videos for my youtube channel. I’m excited to learn new things in this class.

7. Jania Crawley

Hi Everyone, my name is Jania Crawley and Im currently majoring in Early Childhood Education. I wanted to go into this major because I love children and I enjoy teaching. To be honest, English is not my best subject but I want to learn ow to put my thoughts together where its not all over he place and that it makes sense. My favorite activities is hanging out with my friends and benj watching Netflix.

8. Waleed Shah

Hello Professor,

My name is Waleed Shah. Currently, I am an undergraduate student majoring in Computer Science about to start their 2nd semester at LaGuardia Community College. I think coding is a good fit for me which is why I plan on making it a career. In my free time, I like to listen to music and play video games.

9. Shumin Ma

Hi professor.
    My name is Shumin Ma. I am from China and this is my second semester in LAGCC. My major is Radiologic Technology (pre-candidacy). In my spare time, I enjoy watching travel vlogs on YouTube the most. Also, I am a fan of yoga.
    Honestly, writing through literature is really a great challenge for me because I know little about poems and drama. Hopefully I can have a better knowledge about literature and improve my writing skills in this course.