Introduction

Hello everyone, my name is Estefania Jaquez,

I am from the Dominican Republic. I am 22 years old and I have been living here in America for 5 years. I started college in September 2017 at LaGuardia Community College which means that I have been studying at LaGuardia for 3 years. My major is Psychology and this is my last semester. Now, I am working and studying at the time but my favorite hobby is cooking. I am always watching videos of food and how to cook different things. 

When I was a child I lived with my grandparents from my mother’s side in a town called Esperanza in the Dominican Republic . Then when I was 15 years old I moved to live with my mother in Santiago (city) because I was about to travel to America and she wanted to spend some time with me before I came here. I lived with her for like one year and a half before I came here. I came  here to the United States when I was 16 years old, almost 17 years old. I went to high school here for 2 years, and then in 2017 I started college.

Right now I am just focusing on my classes and working in a part time job. This is my last semester at LaGuardia Community College and  I am very excited about what I am going to learn this semester in my classes and hoping to do well to get good grades. 

In my future I would like to have my career done with a good job, and a beautiful family,  then get my own house and continue to achieve important goals in my life.